The U.S. Mission to New Zealand’s social media sites are produced and maintained by the Public Affairs Office of the U.S. Embassy, Wellington, New Zealand. Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.
The U.S. Embassy Wellington:
- Views expressed in audio and video content on the U.S. Embassy social media sites (for example, ITunes, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, UStream) are not necessarily representative of the United States Government views or policy.
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites or the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- Does not guarantee that external websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Social Networking Policy:
We expect that participants will treat each other with respect. We will delete posted comments that contain vulgar or abusive language; pornography; personal attacks of any kind; offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups or incite violence. We will delete comments that are spam, are clearly “off topic” or that promote services or products. Comments that make unsupported accusations will be taken out of the discussion.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- The discussion forum is not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition.
- The U.S. Embassy Wellington’s social media sites are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- This social networking use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose.
User Generated Content (UGC):
Users are here notified that they are fully responsible for the content they load on any of the U.S. Mission to New Zealand’s social media sites. The user is responsible for all copyright and intellectual property laws associated with this content.
Competitions/Promotions on Facebook:
- Acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Disclosure that the participant is providing information to U.S. Embassy Wellington and not to Facebook.
The U.S. Embassy New Zealand is not responsible for the security of the U.S. Embassy New Zealand’s social media sites.
Information Quality Guidelines:
Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be no errors.
Users of the U.S. Mission to New Zealand’s social media sites will be disclosing information in their profiles that may be considered privacy information. This information will not be collected or used by the U.S. Embassy except for statistical analysis of the site.
The U.S. Embassy does not have access to information not expressly shared by the user.
Please ensure you read Facebook’s Privacy Statement for additional information on what information is collected and used by the Facebook platform http://www.new.facebook.com/policy.php?ref=pf.
Links to Other Sites: