Planning to bring your kids to the US for a temporary visit to see their lolo and lola? Or perhaps to see Disneyland or one of America’s other great theme parks for kids?
If yes, here a few simple reminders to take note of when you come for the visa appointment with your kids:
1. The waiting time can sometimes be several hours, depending on the volume of applicants for that day. Given this lengthy period, children may become impatient and bored. Therefore, it is a good idea to bring items that may help pacify their restlessness:
* small toys (no sharp points, no loud or alarming sounds, no electronics)
2. For applicants below 18 years old, at least one parent should be present. Read more about this on “Who Can Come With You on Your Visa Appointment”
3. If your child is not applying for a visa, please do not bring him/her with you, since the Embassy does not allow access to non-applicants.
4. We all love happy and active children, but it is the responsibility of parents, to always keep track of their kids in the waiting room and ensure they are not interfering with other applicants. We will do our best to speed the process along for those applicants with very young children.
Let us know if you have concerns, feedbacks and/or suggestions with regards to this topic and feel free to post it in our comment box below.