We are pleased to introduce our Interview Waiver “Drop Box” Program. Under this program, repeat travelers to the United States may, under some circumstances, renew their visas without appearing at the U.S. Embassy for an interview. Applicants who meet the Interview Waiver “Drop Box” Program qualifications will be able to drop off their visa application at a 2GO courier office location. There is no need to schedule an appointment for an interview at the U.S. Embassy.
Who is qualified for Drop Box?
A visa applicant who can answer “yes” to all of the following eligibility criteria may qualify for the Interview Waiver “Drop-Box” Program.
- I have a previous B1/B2 visa that I wish to renew.
- My visa was issued after July 1, 2007.
- My prior visa was valid for at least five years.
- My prior B1/B2 visa is still valid or expired within the last 48 months.
- I am a citizen of the Philippines.
- My prior visa does not say “Clearance Received” or “Travel with Employer”.
- I have my passport with my B1/B2 visa in my possession.
- My most recent visa was issued on or after my 14th birthday.
- The last time I applied for a B1/B2 visa it was approved.
If the answer is “yes” to all of the questions, applicants must follow this link to begin the Drop Box application process: http://manila.usembassy.gov/interview-waiver.html
If there is a “no” answer to any of the questions, applicants must follow this link to schedule an interview: http://manila.usembassy.gov/niv-application.html#3
If an applicant answers YES to the eligibility questions but is found to be ineligible for the Drop Box service, the application will be returned to the applicant via courier. The applicant will be required to schedule a visa interview. In some cases, the Embassy reserves the right to call an applicant for interview even if the eligibility criteria were met.